U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company offers two trade programs, one for wholesalers who directly buy from us and distribute our products to other wholesalers or to retailers; and one for retailers who sell our products. These programs are designed to help us and our trade partners succeed in the smokeless tobacco category in a responsible manner.
Our Wholesale Program is performance-based and designed to support the responsible, timely and efficient distribution of USSTC’s products.
The Wholesale Program is bulit on the following principles:
- Offer the wholesale community a pay-for-performance program
- Obtain accurate and timely shipment data for all tobacco categories
- Support USSTC’s brands and promotions
- Continue to promote the responsible distribution of USSTC’s products
Our Retail Program helps retailers organize their smokeless tobacco category and align with USSTC by providing incentives to retailers to responsibly merchandise fresh product to adult smokeless tobacco consumers while minimizing returns. Our program is built on effective category management principles, including:
- ensuring in-stock availability of top USSTC’s brands;
- providing adult smokeless tobacco consumers with the freshest USSTC products;
- having USSTC’s most popular brands in the preferred positions;
- clearly communicating price and promotional offers; and
- deterring access by underage purchasers
Our trade program offers flexibility to help retailers responsibly manage their smokeless tobacco category.
The program also includes several features to help prevent underage access to tobacco products that are not required by federal law, including:
- training store personnel who sell tobacco products using We Card® or equivalent training;
- displaying We Card or equivalent signage;
- using an age verification tool;
- placing retail signage that tells adults not to buy tobacco products for kids; and
- adhering to the Smokeless Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement.
USSTC's Retail Program also limits the number of USSTC signs at retail.